Thursday, November 26, 2009

Sideshow Spectacle

I just finished reading Water for Elephants so I have the tawdry, tatty glamour of Depression-era traveling circuses on the mind. I like to imagine the behind-the-scenes life of the showgirls and dancers, right before and after they're on stage. What struck me about these photos I took is that Marisol seems tired and melancholy in them, resigned to the fact that the show must go on.




Credits/Notes:

Reasonable Desires (http://slurl.com/secondlife/Reasonable%20Desires/108/229/27) has a really nice burlesque collection, and that's where I picked up all of these outfits. In pictures 1-3, Marisol is wearing Miss Dupree Burlesque. There are several ways to wear the outfit (e.g. with or without pasties, short or long skirt, one stocking rolled down, etc.). I love having those options and the texture on this piece is amazing; you can almost feel the velvety sheen on the fabric. In 4 and 5, she's wearing Blush Burlesque and in the last photo she is wearing Mistress of Ceremonies. Marisol's hair is Ingenue's Bombshell. The shoes in photos 1-5 are from that fantastic and huge new line at grim bros., and they deserve a post to themselves I love them so very much. The boots in photo 6 are Bax Coen and the skins are from LionSkins--Yang series.

The location is Wish Moleno's whimsical and lovely Fantasyglobe (http://slurl.com/secondlife/Dones%20Isle/202/192/21), which is dedicated to her friend lik Flux. I added some sepia tones to my photos; the colors there are actually much more vibrant.

1 comment:

  1. From what I have seen and read (and yes, this is out of order reponse wise) this is the most quintisental "you" so far on here.

    Marisol has always had that aspect to her, that I can not quite put into words. She emotes a certain expectaion of herself and her interaction with the world, and you have caputred both her and the scereny very well. There a glint, of something hidden within those dark pictures, and yet its not a limitation.

    Well done my friend. Will have to start adding to my Flikr stream and invite you to see my pathetic attempts. ;)
    ~Mag

    ReplyDelete