Friday, August 13, 2010

...



I am this naked
mineral:
a subterranean echo:
I am happy to have come from so far away,
from such earth.
I am last, minimally
made guts, body, hands
that broke away patternless
from mother rock,
without hope of enduring,
decided, a transitory human,
destined to live
and shed my leaves.



Ah that destiny--
to live on in the darkness
of one's own being--granite without a statue,
pure matter, irreducible, cold:
I was stone, dark stone
and the separation was violent,
a wound of faraway birth:
I want to return to that sureness,
to the core refuge, to the womb
of the stone mother
from where I do not know how or when
I was extracted to live in pieces.






***
poem: XXIII, from Heaven Stones by Pablo Neruda. Translated by Maria Jacketti.

dress: Blurred Cascade by (epoque) (currently closed for renovations...)
hair: XFE275 hair black by booN
skin Gemini Sullied Skin by Home of Sanu

I bought the dress and skin not at the creators' stores, but here.

No comments:

Post a Comment